We’ve been telling you for some time that custom content is the key to a strong SEO strategy, however there are a number of other factors that can derail your SEO ranking if they’re not addressed.
According to a recent publication of MOZ’s 2015 Local Search Engine Ranking Factors survey report, when looking at SEO ranking, a number of qualifying factors direct back to pure structure and consistency of location signals and contact information. And, one of the biggest impacts on that consistency of information across the web begins with your GMB® (Google® My Business) account.
You can read the full report here, but we wanted to highlight some of the top NEGATIVE ranking factors you should address today to help you fix, or enhance your current seo ranking position including, but not limited to optimizing your business page on Google.
- Incorrect Business Category Listing on GMB®, or other resources
- Listing detected as “false” business address
- Mismatch NAP (name, address, phone) or Tracking Phone numbers across data ecosystem
- Presence on malware on the site
- Reports of violations on your GMB® location
- Presence of multiple GMB® locations using the same phone number
- Absence of crawlable NAP on website
- An address with a suite number resembling one or similar to a UPS Mail Store location or another false address
- Incorrectly placed map markers
- Keyword stuffing in a business name
- Keyword stuffing or city name stuffing in a GMB® description
- Negative sentiment in Google® Reviews
- Negative sentiment in 3rd party reviews
Again, this is just a brief list of the items that can affect your SEO ranking in Google® and other search engines. You can easily address each of these effects with a little effort, or Back2Basics can help you systematically tackle them one-by-one.
Want to learn more, or see how Back2Basics can assist you?
Give us a call today at 763.951.3913, or email us at: email@example.com.
Latest posts by Tanya T
- Informational Video Creation For Your Marketing Strategies - May 26, 2019
- Brand Management: Your Key to Successful Marketing - May 18, 2019
- More Changes Coming to Facebook and Instagram - May 13, 2019