The myth about social media advertising is it just doesn’t work.
In reality, the truth is they do work, and work well… if they’re done right.
Have you ever clicked on an advertisement while browsing Facebook? That ad may be on the side bar where it’s more obvious that it’s an ad. Or, it might be part of your timeline feed; more subtle in design and made to look as though it’s just another post to review. No matter where the ad might appear, if you have ever clicked on one to learn more, or just out of morbid curiosity, then congratulations to the designer, because whoever designed that ad just created something enticing and memorable enough to make it stand out and compel and action from you.
So, what’s the secret to building a social media ad campaign that creates those clickable moments?
Understanding the myth about social media advertising campaigns is simply a result of the misuse of the social media application and the missed opportunities due to ill preparation and implementation of the ad campaign. And, understanding the origin of the myth is your first step in overcoming the challenge presented by the myth.
Here are some simple guides to keep in mind when pulling together your Facebook marketing campaign…
- Before creating your social media ad, make sure you know what you want it to do for you. In other words, what is your end goal? What are the results you hope to achieve with this digital marketing campaign? Whether your goal is to sell a product, tell customers about a fantastic promotion, or get new subscribers to your newsletter, make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve. Understanding the goal will help you develop a sound strategy for your ad campaign. This specificity is key to getting customers interested, and makes sure you’re achieving your goals.
- Once you understand the ultimate goal of your ad, marry it with a specific and creative Call-to-Action. Brainstorm a few ideas until you have something that really shines. Prompt your audience to get in the on the action, learn something new, or try a product risk-free. Customers want to know exactly what they’re getting into when they click your ad. Something with a straightforward message but unique perspective is sure to catch their eyes.
- Provide a focus to nurture and capture leads. One of the most important elements of a social media ad that works, but is often overlooked, is a landing page.Where is the customer going to go when they click on your ad? Make good on your promise and send them exactly where they want to go, and more importantly, where you want them to go.
We hope these guidelines help you break the myth about social media advertising and help you organize your next social campaign strategy, but we also understand that not everyone is web designer or programmer. So! If your next campaign includes a targeted landing page design as part of your strategy, just know Back2Basics can help. We’ll have your back with some great resources to help you get your promotional web pages up and running quickly. We can also help you manage your Facebook advertising campaigns or retargeting campaigns to drive traffic to these leading capture pages.
Bust the myth about social media advertising!
Get social media ad campaigns working for you by contacting Back2Basics to request your FREE 20 minute consultation and quote.
Latest posts by Tanya T (see all)
- Change is Coming – Twitter Updates 2018 - March 17, 2018
- Social Media Management Task Planner - March 4, 2018
- A Minneapolis-Based Non-Profit & Community In Need - February 12, 2018